OUR STORY

My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday. I think I say that on every blog post I make but it really is the best day/weekend ever. First of all, it's the only time of year my whole family is together. Christmas is too hard with so much going on and hauling presents everywhere that we never make that happen. Makes me sad we don't do more as a family, or that Nate and Lezlee have to live so far away! And whenever food is involved, it always makes for a great time :)

Every year really we eat with my family, then cruise over to Launas to visit with J's family. We are lucky to have both in the valley so we never miss Holidays with either one. 

Shellie was over Crafts this year and Elsie loved all of it; painting, gluing sparkles on trees, and making her ornament! She loved having all her cousins around too. I've decided having more babies isn't the way to go but adopting a 15 and 12 yr old. We've got it all wrong folks ;)... But Maddie and Abbie, even Becca, made the weekend so enjoyable and played with Elsie nonstop. Thankful for all they did!

I never do the whole daily posts on FB of what I'm thankful for.. Things like that just aren't for me. I don't have to post in order to be thankful and I don't really care if the FB world knows what I'm thankful for or not really. But on my personal blog, I will share some of my favorite and most precious things in my life that I am thankful for....

First being J! He is every bit of awesome. He is the best decision I ever made, and it's shown daily why I love him so much. He's the best Father to our little Els.. These two know how to have fun and she adores all his fun adventures and endless energy! 

The Gospel is everything to me. It keeps me grounded. It reminds me to keep things in perspective.. Someone once told me this life is 2 1/2 hours in a real perspective of life after this mortal experience. That has helped me a lot to not let gossip, financial burdens, trials, affect my attitude. I have my days but when I lay my head down at night, I remind myself The Lord is asking me to do my part, be a good servant for such a short period of time... I can do this!! At least I pray for help that I can!

My sweet babies! Never in a million years did I think I would have a baby, and now I have my sweet Elsie AND a little man on the way. My heart is complete with these two spirits... As of now ;) 

And of course my few material things that I love... My little jetta! She's an awesome car! We bought her brand new, paid her off and she has been nothing but kind to us with awesome gas mileage! My little home. I've realized I WANT nice things, but I can live without much! I'm glad I can do that. When I walk into our home late at night after a long day in Vegas or something, and the Christmas lights are on giving it a nice touch of light, I have a moment where I think; We have some good memories in this 2x2!! It's made me appreciate no matter what roof is over my head, I can find happiness in it. 

I am a blessed little lady... I don't have it all that's for sure, but I have what's important to me, and I keep it all close to my heart!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! 
Elsie staying up way to late every night!
Making Ornaments!
We had a great Holiday and I hope you all did as well!!! Xoxox


No comments: