Friday, November 20, 2009
1. My Husband!!!! I love him for so many reasons and often wonder how I got so lucky to have him in my life... He has been so supportive of my needs since we have been out here with going to chick flicks, shopping, and craft stores with me since my girl friends are numbered right now!! He is my best friend and truly is the joy of my life!!
2. The Savior - I'm so grateful for the relationship I have with my Savior and to know he is always there for me!
3. The Gospel - I love that no matter where you live, the gospel remains the same and always makes it feel like home!!
4. Family - I have amazing parents, siblings, neices & nephews, and in-laws, whom I love dearly!
5. Massachusetts - This state is my saving grace.. Where infertility is covered by insurance! It brings so much peace to my heart knowing that we won't have to pay thousands of dollars to have children!!
6. Friends - I am so grateful for all my GREAT friends! Even though half of them are in Utah or Nevada, I love that I can call or visit with them and we pick up right where we left off!!
7. My Cute House - I love my little beach house and it has been so fun living somewhere so different!
8. My Husband's Job - He absolutely LOVES what he does and works SOO hard to provide a wonderful life for us and our future family!!
9. The Weather - Suprisingly I am LOVING the weather so far! I really can't wait until summer so we can take advantage of the beach time but the fall has been absolutely beautiful!!
10. My Dog - We love our little Lucy and wish she could come live with us!
11. My Health - I'm glad I have always been healthy and can enjoy all the great things life has to offer!
12. Airplanes - I absolutely am scared to death of airplanes but I am grateful that we can fly home in 5 hours to see our families!!
13. Holidays - I LOVE celebrating Holidays!! They bring so much joy with great company, AMAZING food, and fun memories!
Of course the list doesn't stop here but I am SUPER grateful for these ones!! ;)
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Bostonians: Rotary (I figured this out the hard way by getting some directions once!)
We say "VERY"...
Bostonians say: WICKED...
(Everything is "WICKED" cool, awesome, scary, funny, etc... I don't get it!!)
And the "ONE" thing I will never understand is the obsession of:
There are 90 in Boston and 50 of them are in a 5 mile radius of Downtown Crossing. You only have to travel 2.5 miles in either direction to find the furthest franchise.. crazy right?!?
Like I said... We have A LOT to learn!! :)
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Me, Dad and Mom waiting to catch the Ferry
Saturday after they left... we met up with our friends and enjoyed a wonderful day at the Christmas Festival in the World Trade Center! We had such a great time walking around the city and eating some great food!
At Wagamama's with the Brough's
Me and Little Miss AspenJody with Lily and Aspen.. fun kids :)
Jody and Jayden having a leaf war
Needless to say, it was a GREAT weekend with my parents and the Brough's!! And we can't wait to go home where it's warm for the Holidays!!! :)
Monday, November 2, 2009
October 30th was Jody's Birthday and we had a simple but great celebration!! He had to work so I surprised him with his favorite dessert:
from Cheesecake Factory!! Talk about commitment.. those cakes are the devil and anything but calorie friendly... but we are still enjoying it :)!! We also had a great dinner and watched Couple's Retreat!! We both decided we want to vacation to Eden's Resort after that movie... It is paradise.... absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
We ALSO have family here on the east coast!! It is such a great feeling to have my parents visiting and Nathan and Shellie living so close by! Shell had her sweet baby Charlotte Eliane (not Elaine!) Tingey on October 16th and she is so beautiful and precious!! Charlotte is doing absolutely wonderful and Shellie and Nathan make it look so easy to be new parents! We all spent the weekend in Jersey and then they will be coming our way Thursday night... We had a great time and can't wait to see them in a couple more days! (sorry my pictures are so fuzzy!!)
Baby Charlotte holding Jody's finger.. so precious!
My dad and Jody visiting
Me, Charlotte and Nathan
Shellie and Nathan
She was OUT!