Monday, December 8, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
This Gingerbread House, was amazing!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift Bags...I'm horrible at wrapping!
2. Real tree or Artificial? We had a real tree our first Christmas and decided to go Artificial....I do buy pine tree candles though so I don't miss out on the great smell!
3. When do you put up the tree? Monday nights for FHE, after Thanksgiving!!!
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the day after New Years! I try to keep up the decorations up as long as I can!!!!
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it!!! I crave it during the year sometimes!! Total Fan of Eggnog!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Our Go-Ped!! Lara, Anna, and I would mob that all summer long!! Haha, mostly Lara and I...Anna got stuck riding on roller-blades or biking! :(
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Parents by far...They never give any idea's...they always say "Anything you get us will be great!!! Drives me crazy!! :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? NO! That's one decoration I have got to buy this year! I have a cute village but no nativity scene...that's a must!!!!
10. Best Christmas gift you ever received? Jody always does really good for Christmas! Luckily I have a husband with great taste so I haven't had to do the whole pretend thing...."I LOVE IT!" Haha..Our first Christmas's though, was probably one of the best! We spoiled each other big time and got all the things we wanted!! He's always good to through in something sentimental too which are usually the best gifts!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't remember getting anything that was to awful so I guess I've been pretty lucky!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie (s)? Christmas Story...classic!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually, 2 weeks before! I'm a procrastinator!!!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not yet...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Candy Canes and those Popcorn Bins, with the cheddar, Carmel, and regular popcorn!! I love those!
16. Lights on the tree? Flashing White Lights...and Lots of them!
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Shoes! Every time, I hear that song, It always reminds me of what Christmas is all about...such a great song!!!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel...makes it hard to pack everything without Jody peaking but it's not Christmas without spending it with Family!!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Rudolph, Dasher, Prancer, Comet, Donor, Vixen ...Lara got me this far....
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas Eve...and all the others Christmas Morning!!
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, Pomegranate Salad, Potatoes...and all the other goodies!!
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? It's been really hard making a list this year...Usually I have a ton of things but I'm hoping for a REALLY nice camera!!!!
Thanks Lara for the Tag!
Tag: Jerrica, Jessica, and Alyssa
Sunday, November 30, 2008
We drove down late Wednesday night...(traffic was crazy) but as we drove into the Valley, we realized how much we missed the smell of desert rain and wet sage! I know it sounds crazy but there is nothing better then the smell of the Valley after a good rain!!! We took advantage of the good riding weather, and spent the whole weekend on Rhino's! Mike and Danielle joined us for a night ride on Saturday that was a lot of fun!
Our Thanksgiving Day was really good! Everyone chipped in this year to help cook...the boy's were in charge of shelling pomegranate's (which I think should be a new tradition) and all of us girls helped my Mom with everything else! Each year, we have to say things we are grateful for at the table and this year it made me realize how blessed I really am... to be in such a great family, who supports and cares for all of us, to be married to a wonderful husband, who works so hard to provide for the 2 of us and who honors his priesthood and strives to be better everyday, having the gospel in our lives and being sealed as a family, and just being able to enjoy the small things in our daily lives!
Friday, my Dad took advantage of the great sales at Best Buy and bought a really nice 40" LCD TV for $800 dollars! He already has enough TVs but for some reason he NEVER can pass up a good "TV" deal lately! Jody and I spent the day in Vegas as well... We did some good shopping at Time Square and spent some time with great friends we hadn't seen in a long time!
Here are some pictures from our weekend...I forgot our camera this time, but we were able to take a few!
Hope every one's Thanksgiving was as good as ours was!!!!!!
Thanksgiving Dinner with some of us....