Friday, November 20, 2009
1. My Husband!!!! I love him for so many reasons and often wonder how I got so lucky to have him in my life... He has been so supportive of my needs since we have been out here with going to chick flicks, shopping, and craft stores with me since my girl friends are numbered right now!! He is my best friend and truly is the joy of my life!!
2. The Savior - I'm so grateful for the relationship I have with my Savior and to know he is always there for me!
3. The Gospel - I love that no matter where you live, the gospel remains the same and always makes it feel like home!!
4. Family - I have amazing parents, siblings, neices & nephews, and in-laws, whom I love dearly!
5. Massachusetts - This state is my saving grace.. Where infertility is covered by insurance! It brings so much peace to my heart knowing that we won't have to pay thousands of dollars to have children!!
6. Friends - I am so grateful for all my GREAT friends! Even though half of them are in Utah or Nevada, I love that I can call or visit with them and we pick up right where we left off!!
7. My Cute House - I love my little beach house and it has been so fun living somewhere so different!
8. My Husband's Job - He absolutely LOVES what he does and works SOO hard to provide a wonderful life for us and our future family!!
9. The Weather - Suprisingly I am LOVING the weather so far! I really can't wait until summer so we can take advantage of the beach time but the fall has been absolutely beautiful!!
10. My Dog - We love our little Lucy and wish she could come live with us!
11. My Health - I'm glad I have always been healthy and can enjoy all the great things life has to offer!
12. Airplanes - I absolutely am scared to death of airplanes but I am grateful that we can fly home in 5 hours to see our families!!
13. Holidays - I LOVE celebrating Holidays!! They bring so much joy with great company, AMAZING food, and fun memories!
Of course the list doesn't stop here but I am SUPER grateful for these ones!! ;)
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Bostonians: Rotary (I figured this out the hard way by getting some directions once!)
We say "VERY"...
Bostonians say: WICKED...
(Everything is "WICKED" cool, awesome, scary, funny, etc... I don't get it!!)
And the "ONE" thing I will never understand is the obsession of:
There are 90 in Boston and 50 of them are in a 5 mile radius of Downtown Crossing. You only have to travel 2.5 miles in either direction to find the furthest franchise.. crazy right?!?
Like I said... We have A LOT to learn!! :)
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Me, Dad and Mom waiting to catch the Ferry
Saturday after they left... we met up with our friends and enjoyed a wonderful day at the Christmas Festival in the World Trade Center! We had such a great time walking around the city and eating some great food!
At Wagamama's with the Brough's
Me and Little Miss AspenJody with Lily and Aspen.. fun kids :)
Jody and Jayden having a leaf war
Needless to say, it was a GREAT weekend with my parents and the Brough's!! And we can't wait to go home where it's warm for the Holidays!!! :)
Monday, November 2, 2009
October 30th was Jody's Birthday and we had a simple but great celebration!! He had to work so I surprised him with his favorite dessert:
from Cheesecake Factory!! Talk about commitment.. those cakes are the devil and anything but calorie friendly... but we are still enjoying it :)!! We also had a great dinner and watched Couple's Retreat!! We both decided we want to vacation to Eden's Resort after that movie... It is paradise.... absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
We ALSO have family here on the east coast!! It is such a great feeling to have my parents visiting and Nathan and Shellie living so close by! Shell had her sweet baby Charlotte Eliane (not Elaine!) Tingey on October 16th and she is so beautiful and precious!! Charlotte is doing absolutely wonderful and Shellie and Nathan make it look so easy to be new parents! We all spent the weekend in Jersey and then they will be coming our way Thursday night... We had a great time and can't wait to see them in a couple more days! (sorry my pictures are so fuzzy!!)
Baby Charlotte holding Jody's finger.. so precious!
My dad and Jody visiting
Me, Charlotte and Nathan
Shellie and Nathan
She was OUT!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Need less to say, Frank was an awesome dog and he had a mind of his own! He did only what he wanted to do and there was no stopping him! There we're multiple occasion's he would walk down to my parents house just to say hello or hit the town to see what was going on! He always knew when Jody was gone because he would wine for HOURS and would get SOO excited to see him when he would return! This is the last time Jody saw him and he is one sad man that he isn't here with him now to make Massachusetts feel more like home!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Our little Island.. We love it :)
The beautiful water and sunset from our front room.. (and balcony)
Jody and I going for a walk on the ocean bottom since the tide was low! Normally we can't walk out here!
And Jody posing for the camera from our front view!
So ....this is our new home in Mass! Once I get more decorations and new furniture in, I will post more pictures of the inside!
~We have also been doing fun things each weekend to keep us from getting homesick!! :) We started by touring downtown Boston with Chinatown, Newbury Street, and Faneuil Hall again! They are all awesome things to check out and we are trying to take advantage of seeing and doing everything while we are so close!! I suck at carrying my camera so I miss out on some GREAT pictures but here's a few!
Some guy flying a kite in the middle of the city from a wheel chair.. There's a few characters here :)
Newbury Street.. Great Shopping!
Me at Public Garden Park
And the temple from our Hotel... My favorite one :)
~The only down side right now....is the weather!!! That's all anybody talks about is the winters here and how the bad months are November to around February! Well.... it's only October and it is absolutely freezing! I thought we would transition okay being in Utah for a couple years but here, it's SO different! It literally chills you to the bone; You feel so damp, cold and the wind really adds that cherry on top! ;) The other morning we woke up to our bed literally shaking from the high winds... it's crazy!!! Anyways... sorry for the long post but I've been without the internet for a while so I'm trying to make up for lost time! :) AND...We miss our families like crazy and can't wait for the Holidays!!!!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
I LOVE his personality! He is so much fun and there is NOBODY like him... I LOVE it!! You never know what to expect each day, with his sporadic ideas and creativity but he really keeps it all exciting!! He says the most funniest and HONEST things that kill me and make me laugh so hard!!!
He can make me SOO mad in a matter of seconds!! (He purposely TRIES to get my goat, I swear!)... BUT he can also COMFORT me in a matter of seconds as well! I can be so upset about something and he always has the right thing to say, or do to make me feel at ease! He has always been so CALM about every tough situation and tries to look at the point of view of everyone! He is ANYTHING but selfish.. and is always thinking of everyone first and mostly for my best interest!
He is SUCH a hard worker!! He has so much ambition, drive and passion for what he does and works so hard so we can live a great life!
He is such a softy!! It might surprise you but as tough and manly as he is... he is so caring and thoughtful! He will do anything or give anything to the ones he loves... and kids melt him away!! He is so great with all of them and I know he is going to be such an AMAZING Father one day!!!
More importantly, He truly amazes me everyday with his unconditional love, and his willingness to forgive so easily! He has so much heart and cares for so many people and always makes sure I know how much love he has for me!! There's never a time when work, hobbies, or just life comes in front of what's important... Family and the Gospel! He has such a strong testimony and honors his priesthood ever day! He is my life and I'm thankful that after 3 great years, I still can't wait for him to come home from work, or come home from a business trip to just to hear about his day and be next to! He is truly my Best Friend and I couldn't be more grateful to have such an AMAZING partner by my side for all eternity, and for the love and relationship that we have!