OUR STORY

My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Friday, October 16, 2009

We are back in action!!

Oh it feels SOO good to be in a place where it feels like "Home" again! I thought the company condo was going to be the end of me but it's definitely been worth the wait!!


~First off, We are LOVING our new home! The views are gorgeous and it's so peaceful and quiet out on our little island! Jody and I will wake up in the mornings and just roll over to watch the waves or boats pass on by! We love it!! The neighbors have all been great and our friends from Utah also live a couple doors down so it's nice to have them close by! We are slowly getting everything put in it's place and making it look nice! Here's a few pics of the inside and the views before the movers arrived!

Our little Island.. We love it :)

Front Room...

The beautiful water and sunset from our front room.. (and balcony)


Jody and I going for a walk on the ocean bottom since the tide was low! Normally we can't walk out here!

And Jody posing for the camera from our front view!

So ....this is our new home in Mass! Once I get more decorations and new furniture in, I will post more pictures of the inside!

~We have also been doing fun things each weekend to keep us from getting homesick!! :) We started by touring downtown Boston with Chinatown, Newbury Street, and Faneuil Hall again! They are all awesome things to check out and we are trying to take advantage of seeing and doing everything while we are so close!! I suck at carrying my camera so I miss out on some GREAT pictures but here's a few!

Jody downtown

Some guy flying a kite in the middle of the city from a wheel chair.. There's a few characters here :)

Newbury Street.. Great Shopping!

Me at Public Garden Park



~We also flew to San Diego to enjoy some warm sun a few weekends back! Jody had an event there so we made a trip out of it and had a great time! Gotta love San Diego!!!!!

La Jolla Beach

And the temple from our Hotel... My favorite one :)


And our favorite thing right now is to take drives to nearby fairs and festivals that are all going on this time of year! Just to drive around New England in the fall is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We stayed at a hotel in Dover, New Hampshire to attend the with friends; then attended another one this last week down in Carver, Massachusetts for the Cranberry FestNone of them have compared to the good ol' Clark County Fair but they have been a great time!! ;)

(I didn't take these picture's but this is EXACTLY what it looks like here right now! Absolutely Beautiful!)

~The only down side right now....is the weather!!! That's all anybody talks about is the winters here and how the bad months are November to around February! Well.... it's only October and it is absolutely freezing! I thought we would transition okay being in Utah for a couple years but here, it's SO different! It literally chills you to the bone; You feel so damp, cold and the wind really adds that cherry on top! ;) The other morning we woke up to our bed literally shaking from the high winds... it's crazy!!! Anyways... sorry for the long post but I've been without the internet for a while so I'm trying to make up for lost time! :) AND...We miss our families like crazy and can't wait for the Holidays!!!!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

It definitely looks like a beautiful place to live! My sister and her little fam live in Chicago right now and she always tells us how COLD it gets in the winter months. Your little island place is adorable and reminds me of the movie Nights in Rodanthe or something like that! :) Glad that you guys are doing great!

Lara said...

I love the pictures! It looks beautiful! Glad you are getting settled!

The Kohntopp's said...

I'm so glad you got your computer hooked up!! Love the pictures.. everything looks amazing! So lets plan another cruise.. we can't wait!

Aion said...

Loved the pictures it looks like a great place to visit/live.. I've only been there once and enjoyed my stay (although it was cold lol).I have a Blog that reviews other Blogs each day and today (Oct 28) I chose yours. What I do is write a brief commentary and place several links back to your site (hopefully you will gain followers/readers through this) along with a short review. You can view it
HERE. (I recomend that you right click and open in a new tab or window due to your comment window) Thank you and I hope you like it.

Jessica said...

Wow! That is so beautiful Amy and I am so envious! (is that how you spell that? :)... we would love to move away and experience an adventure like this!... *sigh*... anyways, looks like you are having so much fun and I am so glad! I miss talking to you all the time like we used to. We need to catch up!!

Anonymous said...

buy facebook likes
facebook likes

http://www.gpucomputing.net/?q=node/69 http://www.tbn.ca/retailer/rtdb/detail/211.htm?page=1
1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes buy facebook likes
i cant able to open programms its asking to licence key for pc protect what to do and i cant also able to uninstall my norton anti virus

get facebook likes facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]facebook likes [/url] 1000 facebook likes