OUR STORY

My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Friday, September 11, 2009

Our adventure so far in Mass....

We are finally here in Boston! We are loving it!! We are enjoying all the changes but sometimes we feel we aren't even in the US with how different it is here! Everything your used to... Smith's, Albertson's, RC Willey's, Maverick Gas Stations (Ha.. Jody misses these) aren't here! People think we are so weird for asking where these things are, and we are thinking how crazy they all are!!! The hardest thing for me is dealing with NO....
WALMARTS...
I know WALMART can drive of us all crazy- The long lines, going in for one thing and coming out with $300 worth of goods but have you ever thought to yourself what you would do or where you would go without them? Well we are still trying to figure this out...We thought for sure walmarts were taking over the world and there had to be one here but there not! The only one here is in Plymouth and that is pretty far south from Boston!

Instead we go to... Super Stop & Shop! They don't compare to Walmarts and Jody is sad to not have an electronic section to go to while I do the grocery shopping but we are having fun with all the new changes!

Right now, we are staying in Milton in the company condo! It's a beautiful complex... It used to be a big mansion on this 23 acre estate, but then was purchased and converted into condo's and has beautiful landscaping all round!! There are always cute squirrels running all around and wild turkey's so we feel like we are out in the country!

Our Condo

Another bummer we had is our house!!! We were SO excited on Monday to go drive by our house and see how beautiful it really was! We drove by and about died! It was SO GHETTO! I think the guy took pictures right after he built it in 2007 and it definitely didn't look like that! It was hammered! Luckily, we will be getting our deposit back so we aren't out there! But the exciting news is we found a new place and we couldn't be more excited!!!
Spinnaker Island
The Bridge to our Island

The location and views are perfect!!!

Nantasket Beach... It's a really nice and popular beach and we live 2 miles away :)

And the cool part is we can drive or... take this 20 minute ferry ride to downtown Boston to go enjoy the city life!!!

So everything has worked out so perfect for us once again!! We were really down about our house at first, but are SO grateful in a way that it didn't work out!! I will take some pictures of the inside when we move in Oct. 3rd and I get my bright coastal decor all up and looking nice!!! We couldn't be more excited about being here and moving to Spinnaker!!

3 comments:

The Kohntopp's said...

That is so good that you guys found another place! I have to say tho.. when you first put up the pick of Boston from the airplane I kinda got a little sad! I mean I really am excited for you guys and I know it will be an awesome experience, but I guess just for my selfish reasons I'm sad! Thats a way long way away! I guess that's what airplanes are for tho, right?!

Lara said...

It looks like it is SO beautiful over there! I am so happy for you guys, like I said I always wanted to live back East! Have so much fun and good luck with your new house! I can't wait to see pics!

Terril Family said...

I'm glad that you guys are doing well. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were adjusting. Sorry about your house... it looked so gorgeous in the pics. Good luck with everything. We miss you guys! P.S. I found Jody's belt. I'm mailing it to him for his birthday next month :)