OUR STORY

My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No More Breakdowns

As I was driving home today from running around some errands, I started to really think how grateful I am for such a great life!! I feel so blessed in so many ways and I'm truly humbled to be here in Mass with my wonderful husband....

Things started out a little rough... Our second day here (Tuesday), I dropped Jody off at work, drove home and.... CRIED!! It wasn't just a quick cry either... I'm talking about some SAD TEARS!!! I think it had finally hit me that I wasn't just a drive away from family, friends and our play time together was over!! It was so nice having him over his own schedule and getting to play everyday! As the day went on...I tried to keep myself busy unpacking and wanted to remain strong for Jody so he could get in his groove and feel comfortable at work and not have to deal with his dramatic wife!!! ;) I really did okay and kept busy, but when he hopped in the car after work and started talking about the day... consider it done... I LOST it!! Him being the wonderful husband he is, let me put in a good cry that night, and really has tried to make sure I've been okay since!

Needless to say... we have come along way! :) We are really enjoying ourselves and since the breakdown... we have had a great BBQ with friends and were able to meet some neat people...had a great experience at church with friendly ward members, and are getting excited about getting in our new home and start seeing all the sites!

6 comments:

Trent & Tara said...

Big life changes are hard. Moving is tough...best of luck to you guys. No walmarts?? ARe you flipping kidding me...I think I would die. ha ha.

Lara said...

I hate moving, even when I moved just across town here in Las Vegas, I bawled. I can't imagine how hard it is for you at times. Hang in there, this will be an exciting time in your life you will always remember and it won't last forever! Good luck, I hope things get better for you.

Natalie said...

I too hope that the adjustment time goes by quickly for you. It is totally okay to have a few breakdowns...or lots of them. :) Big changes in life are tough at first, but they really bring the greatest blessings! Moving to a new place must be tough and I am so happy that you have eachother for support! Now we have a great excuse to come out and visit! :)

The Kohntopp's said...

I'm glad you are doing better! You and Jody are seriously a perfect couple and I'm glad that you have him! You guys are gonna have an awesome time out there and I can't wait til Chris and I can come visit!

Alyssa Evans said...

Amy I am not goona lie I had many break downs before you even left! I cried to my mom telling her that I was lossing my best friend to Boston! Seriously I had an issue with that! But I know it is goodbye it is see you later! Seriously I am so glad I got to see you as much as I did when you were here in Utah! You are great! Mass is gonna be full of new experiences. Call me anytime girl!

Alyssa Evans said...

*isn't.. lol