OUR STORY

My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What a lovely sound...

The heart beating of our little one has definitely been the most exciting part yet. We went in last Tuesday, and at first I felt like I had been hit by a Mack Truck.... my stomach was TURNING with nerves!
Jody was sitting to the bed next to me, and our ultrasound tech was a woman of little words. She inserted the "probe", (ohhh the probe, that I have had ONE to many times already), and doesn't say a word. Jody's holding my hand and focused straight on the ultrasound screen, making weird (confused) facial experssions! Making me more nervous of course. He started asking her questions of what she was seeing and what's that, what's that!! FINALLY, she said she saw everything that she needed to see, heart beat looked great, at 110 bpm- still early but great, and gave us a picture! Luckily, we met with our doctor afterwards, and he reassured us that all looked GREAT and to stop being nervous! (YEAH, RIGHT!!)
Today, we had our 7 week ultrasound and things went MUCH better this appt! We had a different ultrasound tech who was AWESOME, heart beat was at 168 bpm, and all is well! We met with our doctor again, and he told us we can come back one more time in 2 weeks for our final hoo-rah, and then we can start seeing our OB! I had a bittersweet moment when he told us we were done with him... He has been soooo AWESOME to both Jody and I and we can't thank him enough for helping us through this whole journey! BUT.... we are excited to be doing so well, and to finally have a baby on the way, and that I get to go into the real world and see a normal OB! :)
We can't express how excited we truly are. The WHOLE process has been SUCH a blessing and it's amazing looking back in hind sight, and seeing the Lord's hand in every move. He definitely has a plan thats much powerful then ours!! THANK YOU so much for all your sweet thoughts, comments, and support! It has meant the world to us both!!



7 comments:

Meka said...

Oh I am sooooo excited for you!!!! I bet it's so nerve racking going to the dr. right now, but soon it will get better i'm sure! Your post below is so funny too! I totally understand the pregnancy test thing! I did the same thing a lot of times. If I was even a day late I would take one! So glad this worked for you guys!! It's such a miracle!!! Yay!!

Bowler Family said...

Yay!!! We are so happy for you guys! And it IS exciting to see that positive line show up. And you can't believe it. Even though you thought it would be there. But just seeing doesn't seem to make sense!! Very exciting!! Good luck!!

Mike + Mo said...

Phew... More tears... Girlie you need to stop making me cry... I can't say it enough, your soo gonna enjoy pregnancy!

melissa and Chase said...

YESSS!! Yess! YESSS!! There is no feeling more crazy than staring at the pegnacy test, saying over and over "Is this real??" And seriously Chase and I still look at my huge belly and can't believe a baby is growing in there. I am so excited for you to experience the next couple months, its amazing!!! Its going to be so awesome!!! If you need a 2nd trimester vacation come to Kauai!!! Seriously!! I love you guys and congrats from us!!

The Kohntopp's said...

LOVE IT!!! I'm still just super excited for you guys!

Matthias said...

Hey, did you know that I live with my wife in New Hampshire less than an hour north of Boston? I know I was never that tight with you or Jody, but nice to know MV folk aren't that far away. We should hang out sometime.

Ashley said...

:) so happy for you!!!!