OUR STORY

My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's POSITIVE!!!!

I can't even begin to express my feelings of excitement and gratitude. When you have been waiting, waiting, waiting, ..............and waiting- and have seen doctor after doctor, you never think such great news will come your way! Finally, IT DID and we couldn't be more excited, anxious, and obsessed with the whole idea of becoming parents in a short 8 months!




The excitement started a few days before Tuesday, Jan 25. J was in Orlando for a work event that weekend before, and the days we're dragging on! When your waiting for the biggest news of your life- day after day, and he had to be go on this event that was booked several months before all of this, it just added to everything! Luckily, I managed and entertained myself with peeing on sticks after sticks-waiting for that positive line to show up :)




It was Friday, January 21st. I had tossed and turned all night, waiting for that good morning pee to hopefully get the best results I could.. It was 5:30 AM and I had to go.... I took the test, waited a minute or so- nothing... I turned on the brighter light, to get a better look! I SWORE I could see this FAINT, beyond faint line, in the positive spot... I thought for sure I was seeing things or completely crazy, and was so bummed J wasn't home to verify what I was seeing. I tried to stop looking at it through out the day, but I would find myself going upstairs in my bathroom, JUST to see if I could really see something. That night- I had a hair appt with a girl in the ward. She came over and while I was doing her hair, I said I have the biggest favor to ask ya- I took a pregnancy test, blah, blah, blah, and I need you to verify if you KIND OF see something. I brought it down to the kitchen where I was doing her hair, and she said.... no! I said no wait- come in here in the bathroom where the light is brighter- NOT taking no for an answer! She walked in, and said- I KIND OF see something! YAY!!!!- I wasn't crazy.. She saw it too-but barely!!! She said I don't know if that is something to get "too" excited about- just cause it really was sooo beyond faint! I didn't tell J that night. I didn't want to get him excited for something that we could BARELY see.




That night I didn't have any more tests left. I wasn't going to just stop taking them and wait until Tuesday for my blood test- but that wait would have been the impossible!! Soo- I went and bought 2- 3 packs of First Response and 1- 2 pack of Digital Clearblue! Anyone who struggles with infertility- wouldn't think that was overboard :)... It's Saturday morning, I take another First Response- and guess what?! The line got just a LITTLE darker/brighter! I didn't want to tell J but the excitement of possibly being positive was taking over and I sent him a pic text message. Plus about 6 friends and asked if they could see a difference in the 2 tests- THEY COULD!!! J was a little confused, couldn't really see much, and didn't want me to get excited and have a disaster on Tuesday if my hopes we're getting high about all these tests and FAINT lines I was getting!




Saturday couldn't have taken any longer to fly by.. I knew I needed to wait for Sunday morning to get the best of the best urine to get a good accurate reading.. FINALLY it was 1:30 AM Sunday morning- I took another test and there was a definite line.. I sent another pic text message to my awesome friend, and she said yes, I see that one FOR SURE! I couldn't believe it still, I just couldn't! A few hours later- its 5:30 AM and I take another- another 2 definite lines showed up AGAIN and I knew good news would be coming our way!




I had heard ClearBlue Digital tests read at a higher HCG level, so I decided to take that at 6:30 Sunday morning, and it said PREGNANT!! Note- this is 3 tests, in a 5 hour time frame.. I'll admit I'm crazy at this point :).... I FINALLY "somewhat" believed that one.. I went to church, and everyone was asking how things were going and when we would find out, and I couldn't hold it in!! I told EVERYONE who asked, that I had taken a test and got the official pregnant words to show up! EVERYONE knew but J at this point.. I wanted to tell him sooooo bad, but knew he deserved to be told in person (after 4 years of trying and gone through what we have gone through) I KNEW he deserved a little surprise and I wanted to see his face light up!




He called me right before he boarded on his flight, and told me he had bought me a surprise.. A really GOOD surprise! He kept saying how he knew I was going to love it and he was proud that he was able to get a good deal on one.. I had to bite my tongue literally 4 times, to not spill the beans about how MY surprise was going to TRUMP anything he had bought! FINALLY- I heard his truck pull up, my stomach is turning with excitement!! He walks in and gives me an iPad- which I LOVED- but as we all know, my mind was not on how cool this ipad is!!! He then turns the corner, and see's my "WELCOME HOME DADDY!" sign, right my 8, that's right- 8 positive pregnancy tests! He lost it- he couldn't believe it, he said there's no way and I was saying there's no way, and was still in soo much shock even after every test kept saying yes, yes and YES!!




Tuesday we went in for blood work, and again it was a positive! They like to see your hormone level around 50-100, and we were at 133! They said that is an awesome, awesome number. We then went back in on Friday, hoping our number had at least doubled, and it more then doubled with a number of 366! We are officially pregnant and couldn't be more thankful to our Heavenly Father who has let this happen! We are now going to enjoy a full 9 months of pregnancy- whether my head is in the toilet all day long, my heart burns is so bad I am in tears, or if I gain a million pounds- we are going to enjoy EVERY minute!!! :) Next exciting news- is the heartbeat on February 8th at 9:15!! We can't wait... :)

5 comments:

Janssen said...

Hooray! Amy, I am SO SO happy for you guys - your baby will be so lucky to have you two for parents!

Cate said...

We are so excited for you two!!! this made me cry. Congratulations and enjoy it!

Mike + Mo said...

Amy! You made me cry. I love this story... Congrats you guys! Its great being pregnant, you will love it. The idea of them being with you makes you feel so special. Just wait to you can feel her move. Its really the best feeling I have ever experienced... Love this! Keep us updated! I can't wait to hear everything!

The Kohntopp's said...

I'm so glad you did the sign thing for Jody! I knew he would love it!

Torrey said...

Amy I LOVED reading your story. I sat hear reading it not knowing I had a huge smile on my face. My son walks in and says "Mom you happy?". YES! I am sooo happy for you guys! I'm so glad you get to experience pregnancy and having a baby of your own. Congratulations you guys!!