My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mr Miller joined our family!

March 28, 2014 we welcomed sweet Miller James Marshall to our family. What a sweet bundle of joy he is.. Even though Elsie was a much better newborn, he is a much better newborn compared to her 2 years of age! That kid... They always said 2 was hard, and it has been. Luckily, we have some good days in the mix, so we are hanging in there!

Life as of now is awesome. I feel better now then I ever did pregnant... Not physically by any means, but emotionally and mentally, and more driven?! Maybe focused is a better word?! I don't know.. But I wake up each day wanting to be a better person, better mom, better wife, better friend... Maybe my hormones are still out of whack, but I'm loving the feelings I'm having and I'm hoping I can keep this good energy going. 

9 months ago- I was miserable emotionally. Pregnancy was hard with Miller. I felt fine, no sickness, or any weird things happening, but being around me was just miserable... Even I recognized it, and when you know our crazy, it's that bad!!! 

Fast forward to labor. MUCH better the second round. I was really thinking a c section was in my future, which wasn't a bad thing, but I'm glad I was able to do another vaginal delivery without any problems. We dropped Elsie off at my parents house Thurs afternoon and headed in to be induced. I was scheduled to go to Summerlin Hospital at 3:00 pm... As we were driving in, they called and said they had no rooms, and we would have to wait.. They also told us they had 2 women in front of me that were supposed to be induced at midnight the night before and still waiting, so Sunmerlin was out. I called Dr Swainstons office and they scheduled me to go to Southern Hills at 3:00 instead. I'm happy we went there. They did all my paperwork, hooked me to an IV, and the pitocin started at 6 pm... We waited.. They checked me, still was at a 2. They upped my pitocin, still was at a 2.. Finally the contractions started to really hurt, so I called in for an epidural. Dr Bischoff came in to give it to me.. I thought it would be the best thing ever, however once he put it in, I wasn't really numb.. So we waited, and about 2 hrs later they checked me and I could feel everything.. I was at a 5.. They called Dr B to come check my epidural, and he gave me another dose but it never went anywhere to numb any pain. They checked me 15 mins later, and I was to an 8. I was getting nervous then. The nurse told them I needed to have him re do my epidural, and so we did. The shakes had come at this point and holding still during a contraction was HARD! But we did it and it felt much better that round. 2 hrs passed, and I was to a 10, and of course, the epidural started to where off again! I felt the urge to push, and that horrible burning sensation.. I was in tears being so nervous of pushing without having much relief from the epidural, so Dr Swainston was kind to me and gave quite a few novicane shots right before I pushed! We began pushing, and after 5 good pushes, I bent down and grabbed our sweet Miller! 

What a great feeling that is... Meeting your new baby for the first time. My heart was so full welcoming another miracle into our family. They took him away to get all his measurements, weight, etc. 

6:34 AM
8 lbs 12 ounces
21 " height

I remember him not crying.. Made me panic but they assured me that everything was fine and he was healthy and great. I remember being TIRED!!! My sweet friends Lara and Jamie came in to keep J and I entertained.. Mostly me while J slept, and after not much rest, I was exhausted! Undortunately, they have taken away nursery's in hospitals, at least in Las Vegas, so Miller was there to stay and we tried to make it work. We didn't get to leave until Saturday and J and I were both soo exhausted. Every time we would get him asleep, the nurse would come in and take his vitals and wake him up, then my vitals were next, and the cycle kept going! Needless to say, we were glad to get home!

Home life with 2 kids was hard week 1... I was crazy emotional, just a big ol' boob! Cried over everything.. But this second week has been much better.

I feel so blessed. I feel so lucky in a way.. Literally 7 years ago, if you told me I would have 2 beautiful, healthy, sweet kids, I wouldn't have believed you. It seemed so far from my reality as we tried everything to have a baby. I wanted a girl so badly, and I wanted a boy! I feel like they have both been worth the wait, the hardship in getting them, and the long hard nights of no rest is much better then the long hard nights with tears wondering if you'll ever have a family! I love them all, and grateful for these sweet spirits we have been blessed with!!! 

No comments: