OUR STORY

My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Some of my favorite beauty products......

I have a few favorite products that I pretty much can't live without...

Kate Somerville Spot Treatment

I found this while I was living in Boston... Oh how I miss the humidity more now then ever, but when I first moved there, my skin went CRAZY!!! A girl at Sephora recommended this to me, and I have thought of her often as I've used it... because she pretty much saved my life!! (Could I be any more dramatic?? Probably not because it really is amazing ;)





Peppermint Chapstick

This is BY FAR my favorite chap stick out there! I'm a total chap stick addict and snob... People say you have to stop using it because your lips are addicted, but I JUST CAN'T STOP!! Starting to have sympathy for all the drug addicts out there because some things are just. that. hard! Anyways, It used to only be found in stores during the holiday season and I would buy 15 of them.. NOW, I can't even find it in stores during the season... so I order it on amazon. It leaves the cool, peppermint, feeling which just simply feels... refreshing!




Tinkle




Total Confession.... I shave my face! It's true... no shame!! Those who know me know I am an open book when it comes to ANYTHING!! But honestly.... one of my biggest pet peeves is facial hair. Even us blondes who think its light and barely there... IT IS.. AND IT'S GROSS.. Get rid of it!!! :) I've done waxing, bleaching, and threading (which by the way, hurts sooo bad.) Neither one is worth the effort or the $$$.  I found this amazing product about 6 months ago and it is worth every bit of $3.99 on amazon. It has the worst name ever.... TINKLE!! Really?? That's the best name you could come up with?! Anyways... it's amazing and I'm in love.... And the whole myth of "Don't shave, it comes back thicker and more hairy... TOTALLY FALSE!!" Don't believe those words from anyone.. My dermatologist confirmed it ;0


Sexy Soy Leave In Conditioner
This stuff is hands down, the best detangler out there. You know that blonde girl... maybe age 7 or 8, that lives at the Logandale Pool all week long and then shows up to church with nasty, green, fuzzy ends, and is pretty much just one HOT MESS?? Yeah, that was me... Poor child! My mother had not discovered this product back then, and I'm convinced it would have saved my poor hair, and many hair battles as she tried combing all my snarls out each night! The. Best.



Equate "Advance Recovery" Body Lotion


My skin is SOOO dry. I don't remember being this dry before we lived in Boston, but since I've been back, I can't get enough of this body lotion! I've tried Cocoa Butter, Vaseline, Jergens, Lubiderm but nothing seems to do the job quite like this... and best part, it's cheap and fragrance free!!!




Doterra Oils




I know we've all heard countless things on holistic medicine and these dang oils, but I'm guilty and totally got suckered into believing they are as awesome as all do say!! I diffuse them almost daily, and make a little concoction in my nightly creme. I also use On Guard with Elsie nightly, and she has never been sick!! AND... shocking... she was strictly a formula fed baby! So ALL who gave me crap about not breast feeding... looks like we're doing pretty well over here in the Marshall house... Thanks to Enfamil and ............. On Guard!!!




No comments: