OUR STORY

My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Elsie's 1 year check up!

My sweet Elsie turned 1 this year... People always would say how fast they grow and I can now see why! It feels like yesterday we were in the hospital in tears thinking she would NEVER COME OUT!!! Finally after 2 days at the hospital, 3 hours of pushing, and a episiotomy from hell, she did!!

This year has been full of complete happiness! For so long I wanted HER, and she has been more beautiful, more precious, and more FUN then I could have ever imagined! I haven't lost myself in her, or with being obsessed about finally becoming a mom (which I feel a lot of woman struggle with but that's it's own post) but I feel that I cherish each moment with her and I'm trying to enjoy each phase to the fullest!!

She had one fun Elmo party!!! We had lots of family and friends gather round to share her special day. My most favorite memory of her party is watching her scream as the kids hit her Elmo piƱata! Poor girl just didn't get it.. Can't say I blame her.

Some things about Elsie at age 1:
-she doesn't like sweets
-she loves peas, cheddar puffs, and drinks to no end (water, milk, anything)
-she has 4 top teeth and 3 bottom
-she pounds some serious laps.. Past walking.. Girlfriend straight runs!
-she weighs 21.5 pounds
-she's 30.5" tall
-and her awesome Bowler head is measuring at 18.5"... That's my girl!
-she shakes her booty (my favorite)
-she does a piggy face
-says moo, na na na na (no no no no), da da, ma ma
-she sings... It's cute now but if she takes after me or Jod, she's in trouble
-she's in size 4 diapers
-she gives the best loves and kisses
-when she's tired, she lays her face into the ground with her cow, don't forget the cow
-she laughs more at herself then anyone else
-she loves to get scared and play peek a boo, or "I"m gonna get you!"
-her favorite people besides us of course ;)... Jamie, Jeff, any 2-4 yr old, Laureen, Launa, and the Hopkins clan
-she sleeps like a champ 7-7:30 or 8 with 2 good naps a day!

I love this girl more than anything in the world and I'm so glad for the wonderful year we've shared as a family and for many more to come!!

No comments: