OUR STORY

My photo
Jody and I have been married for 6 years now! We live a simple life, but it's a happy life. We've been blessed with our sweet Elsie who we adore each and every day. Here's to a blog of thoughts, memories, and who are we kidding, lots of Elsie!!
"People don't always remember what you say... They remember how you make them feel"

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Update....

Life has been so crazy lately.... I feel like we are living life in fast forward right now and trying to keep on top of it all but I guess that's how life goes sometimes!!

Jody was in NY last weekend doing a business trip that was CRAZY!! He quit his job last week and I still can't believe it!! He came up here for a One Year Internship, and ended up being the COO (Chief of Operations) of the company, and has learned more then he could ever imagine!! It has been such great educating experience for him but he has finally decided to go out on his own completely! I'm trying to be SO supportive of him while he conquers everything he has worked so hard for! I know he is going to do GREAT ... and I'm excited for all the opportunities that have come with his transition, and not so excited for a few but there's always a disadvantage to a great oppertunity!

The traveling is going to be the hardest part about the whole change!! We were planning all his events out for this month and every Thurs, Fri and Sat he is somewhere different! NY, LA, Boston, and Vancouver just in the month of June! I know it's only a couple days of the week and when he's home, he's home but it's not very fun to spend a couple nights alone!! When he flew in late Sunday night after his crazy NY trip, I tried waiting up but fell asleep and woke up to this beautiful note expressing his love and gratitude for me and these pretty roses he picked from our front yard!
Seriously, that was probably the last thing he wanted to do after a crazy trip, a long flight, and a drive home at 2 in the morning but for someone who doesn't get roses but only once a year...LOVED it! Thanks Babe for always reminding me in some way, why I have the best husband in the world and for loving me so much!!!

5 comments:

The Kohntopp's said...

good job jody!! you guys are seriously a great couple! perfect for each other! hopefully we get to see each other sometime soon!

Lauren said...

Aw! Love the roses! What a nice guy :)

JTYARDLEY said...

Hey at least you get them once a year. Hope everything goes good for you guys!

Bowler Family said...

What a sweetheart! Brent and I both say GOOD LUCK!! He will do great!

Natalie said...

What a nice suprise...I LOVE roses (even though I always seem to make them die so quickly). We just wanted to wish Jody good luck too...he will do great! :)